Software PCmover Express copies all your files and settings – all data files, music, video, e-mail, user profiles, as well as other parts of the computer that is running the Windows XP operating system “personality” to a new PC running Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10. you can set the data transfer completely independently, for example, you can deselect specific folders or files that you want to copy to a new computer, or choose to transfer only certain users.
- PCmover Express is the ONLY software that automatically moves files, settings, and user profiles from an old PC to a new one
- It’s the easiest way to move to a new PC without leaving anything behind, even when there are different versions of Windows on the old and new PC. Nothing is changed on the old PC and nothing is overwritten on the new PC.
- PCmover is the ONLY software that automatically transfers or restores all selected files, settings, user profiles, and even programs from an old PC to a new one, or old operating system to a new one.
- Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to provide you with data transfer tools that transfer selected files, folders, and more from an old Windows PC to a new Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 PC.
- Transfer everything across a Laplink High-Speed Ethernet cable, wireless or wired network, or Laplink USB Transfer Cable. And because 90% of applications transferred are installed ready-to-use on the new PC, there’s usually no need find old CDs, previously downloaded programs, serial number or license codes.
Using Laplink PCmover Express
- For a new PC, you need an Internet connection to activate and register PCmover will.
- Notebooks should be connected to the mains and not run on batteries during data transfer.
- Screen savers, setting sleep mode and power saving options on both computers should be switched off.
- You need to download and install PCmover on the old and new PCs. Then run PCmover on the old computer and follow the instructions on the screen.