- Full RAR and ZIP support
- Safe 256-bit AES Encryption
- Most Translated Software
- Integrated Back-Up Features
If you use Windows x64, it is strongly recommended to install 64 bit WinRAR version. It provides a higher performance and better shell integration than 32 bit version. Designed to work on .
- Support for its own RAR and ZIP archives, and unpacking of ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, EXE, 7z, Z, and xz archives.
- Multithreaded compression
- The ability to create self-extracting and multi-volume (split) archives.
- Data redundancy is provided in the form of recovery records and recovery volumes, allowing reconstruction of damaged archives.
- Support for advanced NTFS file system options
- Unicode in file names.
- Archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a 256-bit key.
WinRAR provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack and convert CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, Z, 7-Zip archives. WinRAR is available in over 40 languages. There is also a 64 Bit version availabe.The command line version RAR is available for Linux, DOS, OS/2, FreeBSD and MAC OS X. Pocket RAR, the free WinRAR version for Pocket PCs, completes the compression product range. WinRAR for Windows costs USD 29.00 for a single-user license. No need to purchase add-ons to create self-extracting files, it is all included. Unlike the competition WinRAR has already integrated the ability to create and change SFX archives (.exe files) using default and external SFX modules. So when you purchase WinRAR license you are buying a license for the complete technology.